Since 2006, Milestone has been operating an innovative investment model, away from the rigid closed-end funds. Milestone invests its own capital and the one from international institutional investors and family offices through single deal investment funds.
This investment model is tailored to each investment opportunity and offers far greater flexibility in terms of length of ownership. It also avoids conflicts of interests among the investee company management teams, the investors and our own management company. Interests of all parties are fully aligned in order to maximize value creation in a given investment situation.
Shareholder of our activity for more than 15 years
We are also supported by a pool of leaders, independent directors, experienced entrepreneurs, recognized, and attentive to opportunities.
Milestone Investisseurs consists of
11 professionals (including 6 operating partners): 1 in London, 5 in Paris, 1 in Brussels, 1 in Lausanne and 3 in Geneva. We completed 10 transactions representing a total equity investment of approximately €350m.
We support management teams' in their projects
- organic growth, in particular product & service diversification (brand stretching)
- and external growth (build-up)
We support the following ownership transitions:
- with the management team in place (MBO)
- with a new management team (MBI)
- acquisition of subsidiaries, brands (spin-off, asset deal) or activities (carve-out) disposed by a group
We invest on average between €20m and €150m per project with an investment period historically longer than traditional funds (5 to 7 years):
- in all sectors of activity
- with a strong expertise and interest in the following sectors: healthcare (services provider and manufacturer), business services, consumer goods (notably brands), as well as specialized distribution, energy/environment, IT and niche or breakthrough industries